A colourful highland village was already first mentioned in 1335. The inhabitants have traditionally been active in agriculture and cattle breeding. After the World War Two they were mostly getting jobs at the local mines and factories. There are some assumptions that the local peasants were producing charcoal and selling it in the bigger surrounding areas, as evidenced by the name of the place – Krbune (karbun, charcoal). The place conceales a small church called St. John Baptist from the 17th century and the inhabitants also had the local school which is closed today. Let’s not forget that at the time only wealthy villages had schools and churches. About the beauty of this place witnesses an old postcard, printed at the Vittorio Stein’s printing office in Trieste where most postcards were made at that time. However, this postcard is special because it was written in croatian language which was a real rarity at the time.